El Bethel Baptist Church in Morganton NC is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth to join their ministerial staff. Candidates must skilled in reading music and leading a choir. Please send resumes and questions to [email protected].
This position requires the person to be a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian who can lead all worship youth ministries at our church under the direction of our Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship and youth ministries and is skilled in equipping the saints for the work of ministry.
• Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteers in the Worship and Youth Ministries.
• Develop and manage annual budgets for both Worship and Youth Ministries
• Develop a process to regularly identify and train new volunteers in the church’s worship and youth ministries.
• Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
• Direct, maintain, and work with a youth committee to develop a balanced program for youth including spiritual, educational, and emotional development.
• Lead the youth committee in implementing a visionary approach to creative youth ministry to include planning, and evaluating all youth events such as retreats, camps, fellowships, seminars, mission events and educational curriculum.
• Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth grades 6-12.
• Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
• Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
• Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth and their families.
Music and Worship Responsibilities
• Work with the Senior Pastor to plan creative worship services.
• Lead the musical portion of worship services.
• Lead all music ministries in the church.
• Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
• Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry.
• Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
• Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically church music) and a seminary degree is preferred.
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• 2 years’ experience leading worship/youth in a similar church setting.
• Significant skill as a vocalist and/or instrumentalist.
• Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
• Proficient in reading music and able to lead a choir and praise team.
• Personal soul winner.
• Should have experience leading and managing teams.
• Reach out to the unchurched in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
• Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
• Should have the ability to delegate responsibilities.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• A calling to pastoral ministry.