|Salary Range: $45,000-$65,000|
Purpose: To lead and coordinate a comprehensive ministry program for children, age 3 – completion of 5th grade, and their families, within the Southview Baptist Church family that supports the mission of nurturing within one another an ever-increasing knowledge of and fulfillment in God that inspires us to reflect Christ and make disciples.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand the biblical role of parents as the primary spiritual leaders and chief disciple-maker of their children. Therefore, develop and implements strategies which promote and encourage parents to fulfill their God-ordained purpose. Such as, child baptism conferences with parents, child dedication classes, and maintaining the kids web pages including weekly updating of Parent Update page and weekly email to parents.
2. Plan, coordinate, and collaborate with the discipleship pastor and the youth pastor to ensure a unified vision and mission that seeks to support and train parents.
3. Recruit, train and coordinate workers for Children’s Ministry (CM) classes and events (VBS, etc.), worship services and programs. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
4. Provide a warm, friendly and learning environment for children and families.
5. Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Southview’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
6. Communicates the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
7. Maintain, update, and train volunteers in our Risk Management Policy and other policies in our Children’s Ministry Manual.
8. Oversee the Kiosk Child Check-in team.
9. Works with Buildings and Grounds for repairs.
10. Visits classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise.
11. Assists Senior and Associate Pastors in caring for church families involved in CM as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child.
12. Lead regular CM team meetings and attend weekly staff meetings.
13. Participates in the annual budget creation process.
14. Manages CM budgets to ensure proper stewardship.
15. Participates in the life and worship of the Congregation.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor that contribute to the administration and life of the Church.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Experience: children ministries, experience preferred.
The Director of Children and Family Ministries works under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor and Administration Team. He will work closely with the office staff and various ministry groups of the church. All concerns regarding the position, salary, job expectations, etc. shall be addressed to the Administration Team.
The position of the Director of Children and Family Ministries requires flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Director of Children and Family Ministries should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
Vacation and Other Leave Time:
The Director of Children and Family Ministries will receive three weeks of paid vacation per year (including four Sunday’s and three Wednesday’s per year) in addition to regular holiday leave. Requests for vacation time should be submitted in writing to the Personnel Group two weeks prior for approval. The Director of Children and Family Ministries will be responsible for securing individuals to carry out necessary duties in his absence. Any other time off for any reason must be approved by the Personnel Group.
Term of Ministry:
The Director of Children and Family Ministries’ calling shall take place at a meeting called for that purpose, of which at least one week’s public notice has been given. Election shall be by secret ballot, an affirmative vote by three-fourths (3/4) of church members present and voting being necessary for a choice.
The Director of Children and Family Ministries thus elected shall serve until the relationship is terminated either by his or the church’s request. He shall give at least 30 days’ notice at the time of resignation before terminating his responsibilities. Likewise, the church shall give at least 30 days’ notice before terminating the Director of Children and Family Ministries’ services, unless decided otherwise by the Administration Coordination Team.