Southport Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Family Pastor of Discipleship to lead and disciple babies through adults into a transforming relationship with Christ. He will also recruit and train volunteers, plan, implement, oversee, teach, and evaluate the programs of the family ministry and build a family ministry which fits into the overall vision of Southport Baptist Church. In addition to the family ministry responsibilities, he will also oversee Sunday School and help Southport Baptist Church move towards a reaching, teaching, and ministering Sunday School model to help make disciples who make disciples. Check out more about Southport Baptist Church at https://www.facebook.com/sptbaptistchurch.
- Spiritually: Must have a strong prayer and devotional life. Must possess a calling by God to ministry with a passion to work with family ministry and discipleship.
- Ethically: Must strive to live with integrity to God's Word and as a godly example before the entire congregation.
- Organizationally: Must have a cooperative spirit that ensures a collegial relationship with all church staff and leadership. Work to maintain unity within the church.
- Must possess strong administrative skills to lead Family Ministry and Discipleship.
- Education: Must have an undergraduate degree, and a master’s degree is preferred. The Family Pastor of Discipleship is expected to improve personal and professional skills through continued training under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.