Brookstone Church located near Asheville, N.C., seeks a Pastor of Pastoral Care. The Pastor of Pastoral Care will be responsible for ministering to the physical and spiritual needs of the members, attenders, and families of Brookstone Church. Additionally, they must always be active in the “Great Commission”, for the souls of those they encounter through the ministry. Much of the Pastor of Pastoral Care’s time is spent dealing with health issues, hospital stays, family challenges, funerals, lost loved ones, etc. For more information or to apply, please visit www.brookstonechurch.org/careers .
- The Pastoral Care Pastor needs to have a loving, caring, and giving heart with a legacy of Christian integrity and influence.
- Pursue a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit evidence of living a Spirit-filled life.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance to Brookstone.
- Promote a positive, ministry-minded, and healthy environment as a team player with pastor and staff as well as church leaders, members, guests, and the community at large.
- Possess a servant attitude and desire to serve the Lord through the local church.
- Relate well with all people in attitude and appearance.
- Be proficient in planning, organizing, and handling multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently with the ability to give attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Exercise good judgment and positively influence others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity and strictly protect confidential information.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the church by-laws, policies, procedures, and general church practices.
- Possess the skills necessary to perform the functions of the job and show the capacity to learn additional skills which the job may require.
1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures as the very Word of God (II Tim 3:16)
2. We believe there is only one God eternally existent in three persons (I John 5:1-8)
3. We believe in the deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14)
4. We believe in the person and ministry of God the Holy Spirit (John 16:7-14)
5. We believe that heaven and hell are both real and eternal places (Rev. 20-21)
6. We believe all men are by nature and choice sinful and lost (Rom 3:10-23)
7. We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8-9)
8. We believe in the existence and final defeat of Satan (Rev. 20:1-10)
9. We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (I Thess. 4:13-18)
10. We believe in the eternal life and preservation of all saints (John 6:40)
11. We believe in the priesthood of the believers (Heb. 4:15-16)
12. We believe the New Testament Church is an organized body of believers (Eph 4:11-16)
13. We believe that the church has two God-given ordinances: Baptism and The Lord's Supper (Matt. 28:16-20; I Cor. 11:23-24)
14. We believe that the church is financially supported by the faithful giving of believers through their tithes and offerings. (I Cor. 16:1-2; Malachi 3:6-10)
East Asheville Campus
Forthcoming West Asheville Campus
Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter!
The latest news delivered to your inbox every Wednesday morning.