Monday Evening Session
• Convention participants will humbly praise and thank God for who He is and enter the meetings with a deep desire to be with Christ and encounter His glory (John 17:24).
• God will undergird, protect and strengthen president Ed Yount, the Convention officers, each messenger and every guest as participants gather and worship, conduct business and make known God’s activity among North Carolina Baptists (Colossians 1:9-11).
• The Lord will empower and use Milton A. Hollifield, Jr., to deliver God’s message as he shares his heart and vision for these days during the Executive Director-Treasurer’s address (Ephesians 6:18-20).
Tuesday Morning Session
• All those who enter the meeting place will sense the presence of God, responding in humility and unity to His revelation throughout the day (Psalm 90:16).
• The Lord will give power to Ed Yount when he delivers the president’s address, granting him wisdom, boldness and favor with God and man to speak a word from the Lord for these crucial times (Jeremiah 29:1-14).
• God will lead messengers to elect the officers of the Baptist State Convention to the glory of God (Philippians 2:1-11).
Tuesday Afternoon Session
• God’s hand of grace and favor will be noticeable as we gather together, conduct business and build relationships through fellowship and worship (Psalm 90:17).
• Bobby Blanton will be filled with the Lord’s knowledge and wisdom as he leads in discussions surrounding the Board of Directors report (James 1:5).
• God will use each break out session to provide opportunities for participants to grow in Christ, explore avenues to join Christ in His mission, and encourage believers to seek His Kingdom first in their lives (Romans 12:1-2).
Tuesday Evening Session
• Each person attending will come with a desire to encounter God, recognizing the gift of the exceeding riches of God’s grace toward us in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:7).
• God will use the worship ministry of Green Street Baptist Church to exalt Christ during each season of worship and praise (Psalm 100).
• Darryl Craft will speak forth the Word of the Lord in boldness and clarity as he delivers the Convention Sermon (Philippians 2:16).
• We will depart the Convention meeting with a renewed passion for God, His mission and the lost of the world (Acts 1:8).