NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Completing an in-depth study of biblical financial management not only dramatically improves a person’s financial position, but it also benefits their walk with Christ, family relationships and contribution to church life, according to research recently conducted by Crown Financial Ministries.
A survey of 1,429 people who had completed Crown's Biblical Financial Study indicated, on average, the following results within three years:
- Personal debt, down 38 percent
- Savings and investment, up 58 percent
- Closer relationship to Christ, 35 percent
- Prayer frequency, up 46 percent
- Bible reading frequency, up 64 percent
- Stronger marital relationships, 78 percent
- Giving to church, up 70 percent
- Service to church, up 47 percent
Of the 1,429 graduates surveyed, 11 were unbelievers but came to Christ either during the class or afterward and reported a close walk with Christ.