Melanie Wallace released the names of nine individuals who will serve on the committee tasked with finding the next executive director-treasurer for the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina (BSC).
- Noah Crowe, interim pastor at Peachtree Memorial Baptist Church in Murphy
- Quintell Hill, pastor of Multiply Church in Monroe
- Michael Sowers, pastor of First Baptist Church in Buies Creek
- Jarrod Scott, pastor of Green Pines Baptist Church in Knightdale
- Don Warren, member of Parkwood Baptist Church in Gastonia
- Beth Wooten, member of Beulaville Baptist Church in Beulaville
- Allan Blume, interim pastor at Pittsboro Baptist Church in Pittsboro
- Jennifer Thoppil, member of Salem Baptist Church in Dobson
- Andrew Hopper, pastor of Mercy Hill Church in Greensboro
Wallace is president of the state convention’s board of directors. She made the announcement today (July 16) during a board meeting at Caraway Conference Center in Sophia, N.C.
Crowe will serve as chair of the committee. “I hope that you will pray for these people,” Wallace said. “They have a difficult task.”
The responsibility for appointing the search team fell to Wallace when Milton Hollifield, the current BSC executive director-treasurer, announced in May that he plans to retire Feb. 28, 2021.
The board of directors will nominate an individual to serve as executive director-treasurer, who must be elected by messengers to the annual meeting or a special called meeting, according to the convention’s bylaws. Additional nominations may come from messengers at the annual meeting.
The 2020 BSC annual meeting is scheduled for Nov. 9-10 at Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, N.C.