Photo by Jim Edminson
Back row, left to right: Jane E. Newsome, R. A Newsome, Kirk Peterson, Lenuel Chamberlain, Sandy Chamberlain, Ted Johnson, Bradley Creed, Dennis Bazemore, Ruby Fulbright, Allen Overton, Tony Floyd, Clay Warf, Richard Brunson, Stephen Carter, Todd Unzicker.
Front row, left to right: Michael Blackwell, Mary Lynn Moss, Charlotte Cook Smith, Cheryl B. Pappas, Nellene Carter, Sam James.
The 20th Annual Baptist Heritage Awards was held April 5 at the Grandover Resort and Conference Center in Greensboro, N.C. Co-sponsored by the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina (BSC) and the North Carolina Baptist Foundation, the formal luncheon recognizes individuals and couples who represent exemplary service and giving to organizations that are historically or currently associated with the BSC.
The following are this year’s presenters and honorees.
- Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina, Michael C. Blackwell honored Lenuel and Sandy Chamberlain
- Baptists on Mission, Richard Brunson honored Stephen and Nellene Carter
- Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Todd Unzicker honored Sam James
- Campbell University, J. Bradley Creed honored Dennis N. Bazemore
- Chowan University, Kirk E. Peterson honored R.A. “Bob” and Jane E. Newsome
- Mars Hill University, Tony Floyd honored Cheryl B. Pappas
- North Carolina Baptist Foundation, M. Clay Warf honored C. Allen and Joanne Overton
- Wingate University, Ted Johnson honored Mary Lynn Moss
- Woman’s Missionary Union of North Carolina, Ruby Fulbright honored Charlotte Cook Smith