While following biblical principles may not always be viewed as politically correct in today’s society, this year’s Pastors’ Conference will lead up to the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina’s annual meeting with the theme “Preach the Word.”
This year’s conference will be held Nov. 11-12 at Lawndale Baptist Church in Greensboro. The conference will begin at 6 p.m. on that Sunday, and it will wrap up the following day at 3 p.m. The theme for this year’s conference is based on 2 Timothy 4:2. “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.”
“The Bible challenges us to preach the Word,” said Conference President Lee Pigg,_ÑŒpastor of Hopewell Baptist Church in Monroe. “[It] challenges us to be ready to preach the Word when it’s popular and when it’s not popular. We all understand today [that] we live in a time that it’s not popular to preach the Word. That passage goes on to say correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction.”
Among this year’s featured speakers for the conference include the following:
• Greg Mathis, senior pastor of Mud Creek Baptist Church, Hendersonville
• Bobby Welch, associate executive director, Tennessee Baptist Convention
• Joe Brown, former pastor of Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte
• Don Bouldin, interim pastor of First Baptist Church, Marshville
• Mike Whitson, pastor of First Baptist Church, Indian Trail
• Mac Brunson, senior pastor of First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Mark Harris, senior pastor of First Baptist Church, Charlotte
Sermon topics that will coincide with this year’s conference theme include: preach the Word with urgency, passion, commitment, relevance, conviction, thanksgiving, and preach the Word with power.
The conference’s worship time will feature Tim Blankenbeckler, minister of worship for Hopewell Baptist and the church’s choir, and Lawndale’s associate pastor of music and worship Mark Walker and Lawndale’s choir. The conference also will include the gospel music group Bread of Life.
For more information and to find a complete schedule go to www.ncannualmeeting.org/preach.