Feb. 14 has been chosen as a
day to specifically pray for the needs in Haiti.
The points of the Haiti
intercessory prayer list are:
- Pray that the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the Haitian people
will be met in a timely way by all appropriate means.
- Pray for the government of Haiti as it works with international relief
organizations to restore basic services to its people.
- Pray for the thousands of volunteers who are serving in Haiti as the hands and
feet of Christ.
- Pray that their stamina will be unflagging, and that their
compassionate service will point to the saving power and presence of Jesus
- Pray for the physical and spiritual well-being of the Baptist detainees in
- Pray that the Lord will surround the families and churches of the Haiti
detainees with His tender mercies and sustain them with His arms of compassion.
- Pray that the U. S. Department of State will use all diplomatic means available
to advocate for the humane treatment of its citizens and will work tirelessly
to secure a timely resolution to this unfortunate situation.
- Pray that donors will not be discouraged from contributing to the ongoing
relief needs of this devastated country.
- Pray that the situation in Haiti will heighten the awareness of all volunteer
groups of the need for adequate training, orientation, and preparation prior to
embarking on ministry trips at home or abroad.
- Pray that doors of opportunity remain open for our trained Disaster Relief
volunteers to assist those placed in need whenever and wherever a natural
disaster may occur.
- Pray that the disaster in Haiti will serve as a catalyst for a new generation
of volunteers to enlist for training through SBC Disaster Relief for effective
deployment and service for both present and future needs.